All good things...

All good things...

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Somewhere Sunny and 75

Good Evening Bloggers!

Here are a few happy thoughts from my day:

1. No matter how stressed you are, holding a baby will always make things better. Especially when she is pretty much brand new to the world. Seriously, one of my favorite things is meeting newborn babies. They just came straight from Heaven! How cool is that?? Thanks Wray family for letting me visit. She's gorgeous!

2. Chick fil a lemonade really does solve everything.

3. Devin and I have new matching Brita filter water bottles and not gonna lie, they are pretty sweet!

4. Graduation is soon approaching! Woot woot!

5. Devin is coming home to GA with me for the summer and it makes me happy daily.

6. I get to see my GA girls soon!

7. And here is the most important one bloggers. Sometimes, even the smallest things in life can make you happy. Today was not the best day. I haven't been feeling well, I am finishing up all of my projects (which is stressful), and I am just busy in general. Today was frustrating. I was having a hard time communicating, I was on edge, and I was just dead tired. So what does Devin do to put up with me? We get on his motorcycle (sorry dad) and we go sit on temple grounds. Mostly because it's a nice view and it's peaceful. Then we just sat and talked. He just let me talk about my day, about what's on my brain, why I am stressed, etc. He listened. And here's my favorite part...he didn't just tell me what I wanted to hear, but he sincerely helped me see why things are good and he used examples to validate his point. He reminded me that life is good and beautiful.

To summarize President Monson's talk from conference this past weekend: love Christ to love others and to love yourself. At the end of the day, that's all we have to do. Love Christ. Love comes in many different ways. It comes from holding hands with the man you love. It comes from holding a brand new baby girl. It comes from a little puppy dog curling next to you. It comes from doing service. It comes from being surrounded by those you love. Love is everywhere, especially Christ's love. It's in the sunset I watched from temple grounds. It's in the sunny weather we had today. It's in parents who talk to you together in a bluetooth equipped car. It's also in us. Christ loves us, and if we love Him, everything else is alright.



So bloggers, always remember...

All good things come to those who LOVE Christ. 

3 comments:

  1. This blog post is beautiful. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts! And thanks again for the meals. You are the best. Love you! Also come visit Zoey anytime! She misses you already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe I'll stop by on Thursday during our typical girl time. I'll play it by ear with your schedule! Thanks for sharing her. She's so beautiful and it's so amazing to see what a sweet blessing she is. Thanks for being such an amazing example to me!!!!

      Delete
  2. I love this post, Daniela. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete