All good things...

All good things...

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chocolate Pudding Pie and Insane People

Hello Bloggers! You know, some days...ok weeks...ok months, can just be terrible. And there's nothing you can do about it...except eat chocolate pudding pie. I mean, seriously. Nothing can make you feel better than politely eating your one piece whilst in the midst of a group of people (guys included), then going home with the said pie and eating 2 more slices. Seriously. I feel so much better now. A little bloated, but delightfully happy right now. Shout out to Katie K. who made said pie. She is amazingly talented. And she has no idea how much I needed that chocolate fix!

So here is what I think...I think that life is hard sometimes. And though I fully believe in having a positive outlook on life and trying to push through any trial that comes your way, sometimes it's just not as easy. And I am nowhere near perfect. I get annoyed with people. I get down on myself in ways that no one realizes. I don't handle criticism well, especially when I feel like I am doing so well. It is like when you study really hard for that test, and you KNOW you got every single question right. And then you get the test back, and you did horribly. Sometimes that is how I feel with people. I feel as though I put a lot of effort into the relationships around me, and then when I hear that they think less of me, it's hard to handle. And it makes for some very lonely nights. I don't know what it is about weekends, but it's like once Friday hits, it's time for me to cry. I spend many nights in my room, after having perfectly fun and nice days, crying alone. I don't know why. I think the stress just gets to me sometimes. It's hard having to be who people want me to be. And you know what bloggers, I am done! And I am going to be happier for it. I am who I am. And I try to be kind to everyone. I try to be nice. I try to be sweet. I try to help those around me and not burden them with the trials and difficulties of my life. I will talk to people, but I internalize and deal with things on my own. It's easier that way. And I have no solution as to how to fix this dilemma that I find myself in. The only solution I have is to eat more chocolate pudding pie and go to bed. But here are some things that I know:

1. I know that God hears my prayers, and He will always listen to me
2. I know that I do have great friends and family who love me. 
3. My roommates are amazing.
4. My boyfriend loves me and puts up with me, so I don't really care about anyone else.
5. I have those few girls I know I can always call and talk to when things get bad. They are my secret guardian angels, and I know they know who they are. They listen and comfort me when no one else will, even those closest to me. And I thank them for their love and support.
6. I will always remain true to myself. Because that is how you stay happy. Is by being happy with yourself and loving who you are and the decisions you have made in life.

Lesson #6: Always stay true to yourself and know that even when everything around you is falling apart and you feel like you aren't good enough, that you ARE good enough. That doing your best is enough. Accept yourself, and don't worry about anyone else. Just be happy and let others feel your happiness and love.

So always remember...

All good things....come to those with no REGRETS.

No comments:

Post a Comment