All good things...

All good things...

Monday, February 20, 2012

"You Don't Have to Just Survive, You Can Live"

Top Left Corner: Devin Porter. Look at him! Such a cutie!
Hello Bloggers! In my weekly email from Devin, he told me that "you don't have to just survive, you can live". He was referring to some of the challenges I have been facing in my life. I always say that I am tough and that I can handle it. But he reminded me today that I don't have to just handle it. I need to live too. Do ya'll see what he is saying? We all have trials and difficulties in our lives. And we have to endure them. But there are some aspects of our lives that we can eliminate so that we can be happy once more. It's not always about surviving, it's about living. We should not have to tolerate things that make us unhappy. We should always be striving to be happy! 

So here is lesson #9: Be happy. Let the things in your life that bring you down go. You don't need them. Find your own joy and happiness and love your life!

I am going to gush about Devin for a moment. This picture was taken (I believe) after his first baptism. I am so proud of him. He is doing amazing. He is preaching the gospel and serving the Lord. I miss him a lot. But when I saw this picture, it gave me great insight into where he is and what he is doing. As much as I miss him, he needs to be in Argentina. And I think he is happy! Which is the goal. Look at how tan he has gotten...it's going to be embarrassing when he gets home and he's super tan and I am white white super white. Oh well. He loves me anyways!

So I think the greatest lesson that I gathered from today's email is that we all deserve to be happy. And we need to be happy. And I think this means figuring out for ourselves what makes us happy and eliminating the parts of our lives that make us sad. There needs to be a good balance between trials and things we can cut out from our lives.

So always remember....

All good things...come to those who LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment