All good things...

All good things...

Monday, February 6, 2012

True Friendship is Texting While Peeing One Room Away

Hello Bloggers. One of the best things that can happen to you in life is sitting in the kitchen, messing around on your computer, when all of a sudden, you get a text from your roommate who just got up to go to the bathroom. And you know she is currently in the loo. And yet, you get a text that says, "Duh duh duh duhhhhh (I'm singing bethoven's 5th in my head)". That right there, ladies and gentlemen, is true friendship. I was very proud of my clever response. I replied, "Very epic music to pee to". Nothing else needed to be said. This was indeed the highlight of my day. Next to the fact that I got my weekly email from Devin. The fact that these two things happened at the same time, was just the icing on the cake. So this let me wonder...what is the definition of friendship? I have friends in many different aspects of my life. And I am not always good at seeing them often, but I think why we are friends is because they are so patient with me. 

For instance, I have Amber, who is one of the sweetest and best people I have ever met. She is also a fantastic running partner and I love our runs, because we have a rule of "what is said on the run, stays on the run", so it's always a good chance to unload. For both of us. 

And then there is Kelli. She is adorable. She is my Disney buddy. We can quote Disney like some people can quote scripture. And mint chocolate chip ice cream is a necessity.

Then there is Krista, who lets me escape to her apartment when I need to unload, and who is always willing to listen. She is such a kind soul, who always has good advice. And she always appreciates my Trader Joe's goodies, which I gladly share. And she lives in Washington! Which is where I could end up, so it'll be good to have her in the same state!

Then of course there is Rachel Price. She is always good for a good laugh, study buddy, or just to sit and watch a movie with. I like her because she doesn't care if I talk or not about what is going on. Which is nice. 

Then there is Rachel Nuffer who helped me out a ton last semester and who is always unfaltering in her kindness.

Then of course there are my Georgia Girls.

Hali Winterton: we have probably been friends for too long, but we always can run to each other for anything. Any boy problem, any friend problem, anything, we can talk to each other. So glad to have had her in my life for so long.

Hannah Banana: Even though she is from South Carolina, she gets counted in this category. My one and only friend from EFY and I am so glad we are still friends. I like it better when we are on the same coast, but I always love when I am with her. 

Katie Fadler, or as I better know her, the "Chosen One". We have been through hell and back over the years, but we are better for it. This girl is amazing. She is seriously probably the kindest most charitable person that I know. Seriously. She is a beast. She can multitask like I have never seen before. I love her.

And then there is Lauren LaChance, my bad ass Marine. I tell people she is "my marine". She has had her own battles to fight, but she always pushes through. I love sitting in my kitchen with her, eating my mom's cookies, sharing insight on life. She is going to survive anything that comes her way, and I pray that she will be safe when she goes overseas.

Malikah Christie gets a shout out as well. She always keeps me on my toes. To this day, before I walk out the door, I try to pick out what Malikah will nit pick at. Her infamous line, "Daniela, your hair looks like sh** today" will always stick with me. Thank you Malikah, from both me and my hair. 

And not to mention...

Dylan, Devin's older brother, is such a godsend. He calms me down when I am stressed or let the fear of 2 years get to me. He is a constant support and I want nothing more than for every possible good thing to happen to him. He deserves it. 
And I suppose I should also mention Devin. He is my best friend. I tell him everything. He pulled me through some of my darkest days. He makes me laugh. Makes me smile. And he is always there for me, to make me better, for a shoulder to cry on, or for an ear to rant to. He puts up with a lot. And I love him for it. 

There are many other people who have touched my life. My new roommates for example. I am just beginning to see the impact that they are and will have on my life. I have friends in many places, and each friendship, each conversation leaves an impact. I don't think friendship means seeing or texting someone every day. I think friendship is defined by time. To see which relationships can survive the tests of time, grief, trials, and life changes. Life is constantly changing. Some people are only supposed to be in your life for a certain amount of time. You learn your lessons from them and move on. Doesn't make it any less sad. I hate when I find myself growing distant from those who used to be my best friend. But life happens. Appreciate the friendships you have, the ones you have had, and the ones that you have had. Always find the good in people and try to pull out the reasons why you are friends with them. Everyone has a purpose in life. And we can find it through the help of those around us.

Happy searching bloggers!

And always remember....

All good things...come to those who SEEK.


No comments:

Post a Comment