All good things...

All good things...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

Elder Porter (sorry, I couldn't resist but give him a shout out)
Hello Bloggers! Happy Valentines Day! Alright, now let me put my two cents in on what I really think about Valentines Day. I am alone today. Please, do not pity me. That would just annoy me. I don't need one day out of the year to feel loved. Devin loves me everyday. So for me, today is just another Tuesday. Swamped with anatomy, stressed about life, and surviving without my boyfriend actually being here. I don't understand what all the complaining is about. Seriously people. It's a Hallmark holiday. It shouldn't be this big horrible ordeal if you are single. If you are single, live it up! You can date whoever you want, get free food, and do whatever you want. If you are in a relationship, maybe you should think if you love your other half every day of the year, or just on Valentines Day and Christmas. Love should extend beyond flowers or gifts. Love cannot be contained to one day. Love should be a daily feeling, a daily reminder of why you are in a relationship. So here is what I think: stop complaining!!!! I have a boyfriend who is going to miss 2 Valentines Days and I could care less!!! I am going to have a girls night with my roommates, and I am perfectly content with this. I am no more lonely today than I was yesterday. Nor am I less happy than I was yesterday. We are what we CHOOSE to be. 

So here is lesson #8: make your own damn happiness and stop complaining. I don't need to see it on facebook. Really. Enough is enough people. Be happy. Choose to be happy. Appreciate what you have in your life. And realize that there is more than one type of love that you can appreciate on Valentines Day. Call your mom, your sister, your dad, or your best friend. Tell them you love them. And please, stop moping about the lack of a relationship. If you define your happiness off of if you are in a relationship or not, then you need to step back and reevaluate yourself. True happiness in a relationship is being happy alone, so that you can be happy with someone else.

So always remember...


All good things...come to those who LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment